On The Road Again: One Direction Live in Manila

7:33 PM



The One Direction concert happened last March 22, 2015. It’s safe to say that it was the craziest, fastest, and the best two hours of my life (so far). After waiting for them to come here to the Philippines for years, I finally got to see and hear them live. 

They announced the tour date last May 19, 2014. I still remember what it felt like, knowing that I finally had a chance to watch them live. Everyone has been waiting for this moment. I was finally going to breathe the same polluted air as the boys and it would be the best thing ever. 

Although, things went downhill again when we knew when they were going to sell the tickets. It was four days after they announced it. FOUR FREAKING DAYS. It got worse when we found out how much they were. I mean let’s be honest here, not everyone’s parents are willing to buy them VIP tickets. And also, not everyone can save 18,000 pesos in four days. So yes, the struggle is real.



Thankfully, my dad had a very generous client who gave us a free Diamond ticket for the second day. To be honest, without her I wouldn’t know what to do. I would probably just stay at home while I cry myself to sleep and not go on Twitter for a really long time because everyone will be just posting and tweeting about how great the concert was. I also want to thank my sister because this was originally her ticket. Fortunately, she understood that I deserve it more (lol) so she gave me her ticket in exchange of a Starbucks treat.


I got to the venue at around 5 pm. The moment I sat down I was almost in tears because of how unbelievable the moment was. I was finally inside the venue. This whole thing is real and not a dream at all. Although, I started regretting going in 3 hours early probably 10 minutes after I sat down. I was alone with no one to talk to. The Diamond section wasn't even half full. I haven't eaten dinner. And the food inside was so much more expensive than their original prices which was a total pain for my pocket since I didn't ask money from my parents.

Behind the barrier is the Titanium section. I can't even imagine what time the people in the front row started lining up since it was a free seating. I even remember going on Twitter earlier that day and saw accounts tweeting pictures of people who were lining up when I woke up.

(Special thanks to these two ladies for photobombing)

The show was opened by DJ KC. The opening act was so crazy and fun because everyone was just enjoying the music and raving. Even though it was raining so hard, it didn't stop the crowd from having a good time. 




Just like me, these girls all went to the concert alone. What even surprised me more is where they all came from. The two girls from the left came from Bulacan and the girl beside came all the way from Aklan! I mean... how crazy is that?! 


I'm thankful for these girls for not making me feel alone and getting soaked in the rain with me. It has always been so hot in Manila but this night was one of the few times wherein I was hoping for some warmth.


Finally, after waiting for hours in the rain, they went onstage!  Everyone was just screaming and crying. I couldn't even hear my own screams anymore. The crowd was just wild and crazy. I still remember the moment Clouds (the first song) played and everyone just stood up, started screaming, and turning on their phones and cameras. My first thought was "This is really it. I'm seeing them live with my own eyes."






One of the best things that happened that night:
 Niam selfie!








The crowd was beautiful during Little Things. The boys asked us to turn on the flashlight on our phones and the result was amazing. It was a breathtaking view and is actually now my wallpaper. 


The night even got better when they sang Happy Birthday and made a birthday chair for Toby. 



And as we all know, Zayn didn't attend the show. At that time, we all thought he was just taking a break and having a rest. Little did we know, Manila is the first place who's experiencing a Zayn-less One Direction. They changed the formation for What Makes You Beautiful and this is how it looks like.













Liam holding this pink umbrella during Best Song Ever.


Harry giving his goodbye speech. 




Zayn quitting One Direction was devastating for us, fangirls. It has always been my dream to see 5/5 of them. But even though we only got to see 4/5 in their concert here in Manila, they were able to make it the best night of the thousands of fans who went to the concert. This just proves that even without Zayn, they can still do it. I will continue to support them no matter what. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook